These protocols were established by the Office of Education and the Allegheny East Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists Emergency Team for the notification of infectious diseases within a classroom. COVID-19 Contact Tracing protocols dictate that in order for students to return to school they will need a Negative PCR test (not the Rapid Test) before returning to school. In addition, the following protocols are in place:
- The local public health department has been notified.
- Anyone who has been in contact with the infected person in excess of 15 minutes within a distance less than 6ft will quarantine or obtain a negative PCR COVID test.
- If an exposed person refuses to be tested, they will quarantine for 14 calendar days.
- All persons in the building will continue to wear masks at all times while maintaining 6ft physical distancing.
Scholars and teachers experiencing the following symptoms will be required to get a COVID test, and provide negative test results before returning to school.
Watch for these Symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting